Our Focus: After more than twenty five years of contested divorce and family law litigation in the court system, our partners purposely shifted the focus of our practice from contested litigation to helping clients focus on resolving sensitive divorce and family law matters outside of court.
We emphasize a collaborative approach to negotiation or mediation of divorce matters, in appropriate cases. We have found that this is a more economical and less confrontational route for people facing these difficult personal issues.
Focusing on resolution, rather than litigation, often allows people to end hostilities, and move forward more quickly with their lives.
When out of court resolution is not possible, our long term relationships with other law firms that focus on contested litigation and trials will benefit you. If you have to go to court, we will refer you to an appropriate law firm we know, and whom we are confident will have the expertise to handle your court case effectively.
Our Goal: To resolve as many issues as possible, without litigation, in order to minimize negative personal and economic impact on clients.
What We Do: We consult with clients to help them understand their rights, in the typical matters of alimony, custody, child support, visitation and basic asset distribution. W also advise clients on additional specialized matters that arise in divorce and family law situations, including:
- Separation, Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Divorce Mediation, in appropriate cases
- Structuring financial settlements to take advantage of relevant income tax laws to maximize benefits to both parties
- Valuing business assets and pension plans
- Preparing Qualified Domestic Relations Orders to transfer pension and retirement assets without negative tax implications
- Concerns relating to spouses of U.S. Armed Services personnel
- Enforcing orders for spousal and child support, and property rights.
Your Resolution is our Business: We strive to help you negotiate an amicable, out of court resolution that is appropriate for your situation. We strive to address these very personal and difficult matters with a concerned approach, that keeps costs in mind. In addition to protecting the rights of our clients, our related focus is on completing the negotiation process as quickly as possible, so that clients can move on with their lives.